About Summer Academy
The International La Salle Summer Academy is an initiative where visiting lecturers from accredited institutions around the world, come to Bogota-Colombia to give interdisciplinary short term courses addressed to international students and from the Lasallian community in the months of June and July.
Some interesting facts about the International La Salle Summer Academy 2017:
- More than 1300 students from Colombia and other countries applied as students in the short courses taught in English.
- 8 schools participated in interdisciplinary courses, creating a wonderful scenario for exchange of professional knowledge and experience.
- 17 main general themes: Entrepreneurship, Regional cooperation and trade, Female and child abuse, Water security, Political dynamics, International management, Cultural diversity, World food security, Social, economic and gender equality, Human settlements development, Negotiation & conflict resolution, Building social capital and leadership, Human rights and social justice, Education for peace, Social media and peace, Innovation, creativity and technology, Education and child development.
- 26 international visiting experts in all professional areas participated at the International La Salle Summer Academy.
- 15 countries came together for the same cause.
- 25 interdisciplinary courses were thought at La Salle campus.
- 22 international students experienced our International La Salle Summer Academy courses.
We would like to thank all the visiting scholars who visited us as guests of honor during this wonderful experience and also, for believing in the lasallian mission and commitment for a better Higher Education in the world.
More information about 2017 courses:
Session one courses
Session two courses